½ cup sundried tomatoes without the oil, softened in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes
1 pound of pasta (any variety of sturdy macaroni)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1 pound collard greens, washed, dried and cut into strips
Handful of fresh basil, chiffonade
1. Prepare sundried tomatoes and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water before draining.
3. In a large deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and peppers and red pepper flakes. Sauté until the onion and pepper are soft.
4. Add the tomatoes and greens, tossing well just until the greens are wilted.
5. Add the pasta and heat everything through, about three minutes.
If the pasta feels a bit too dry drizzle in some of the cooking water just until moistened. Top with a drizzle of olive oil the fresh basil and serve.