Use as a base for any Polenta recipe
5 ½ cups water
2 teaspoons salt
1 ½ cups quick cooking polenta
3 tablespoons olive oil
5 tablespoons mixed fresh chopped herbs – thyme, basil, parsley
1. Bring water to a boil in a heavy pot. Add salt, then slowly add polenta meal, mixing it into the water. If it spits, lower heat slightly.
2. Stir and cook until the polenta is thickened and pulls away from the sides of the pan. This will not take more than 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the olive oil. If you’re making herbed polenta, add the herbs.
4. Lightly spray a 9”x 13” baking pan with cooking spray.
5. Pour the hot polenta into the pan, spread to cover the entire bottom, and let stand for 30-40 minutes or chill overnight.